1.31.2013

Song Development




What a blustery day.  Pretty sure I'm going to fall over as soon as I go outside.  

I wanted to share some exciting news with you.  It's exciting for me, at least.  Last night was spent laying down a scratch track for my newest song, "Don't Say".  If you don't know what a scratch track is, it's the first base track you record so you can then record more polished tracks and begin the layering process.  So last night scratch keys and drums were recorded.

My good friend, Brian, has been working with me on it and it's the first time I've experimented with additional instrumentation.  I've never had the opportunity or reason to think about what else to add to my songs, so this is completely new to me.  Luckily, between the two of us we probably have enough contacts to represent each instrument we'd ever want. 

We brainstormed some ideas and I have to say, this is going to be an awesome process.  I can't wait to show you guys the final recording.  I'll try and do a few vlogs throughout the process so you can see what goes into it.  Needless to say, I'm so excited!  


Here's an inside look at part of the set up.  Make sure you guys visit and like Brian's page, Brian Mirsch Designs.  If you ever need a drummer/photographer/videographer/audio recording/friend, he can do the job. 


I'm currently working on a new project which may require some outside help/contribution, so keep your eyes out over the next few days. 

That's all for now!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment