1.17.2013

Behind: Forgotten Me

  


"Forgotten Me" is a simple little diddly I wrote last October.  I like referring to it as that: simple little diddly.  

It's nothing extravagant, just acoustic guitar and a single vocal line.  I don't think I'd want it to be much more, honestly.  I like the thin nature of the song.  It's meant to be raw and intimate. 

There's not much to talk about musically, really.  Like I said, it's simple.  In regards to the form, it's just a verse, pre-chorus, chorus...and then it repeats.  I could add a second verse, but I kind of like it essentially being two long stanzas; it just seems fitting.  Maybe it could be one of those hidden tracks at the end of an album, ha. 

Subject wise, I wrote it one day when I realized I was no longer a kid.  You know, one of those moments when you realize that running out of Cinnamon Toast Crunch was no longer the biggest disappointment of your day.  (Although, let's be real.  That's still a travesty.)  Ultimately though, I guess it's supposed to sum up the feeling of being overwhelmed with the realities of growing up and trying to find your way back to innocence and goodness.  'Cause we all know that growing up sucks and we would all much rather climb trees, build forts, and play in the dirt.  Or is that just me?

If you're denying this, then you're all liars.  And officially uninvited to all my future birthday parties. 


:)  Lyrics to follow...

xo.


"Little Innocence"

Little innocence
How do you see the world?
I'm curious again.

Little innocence
How do you see the world?
Is it good, is it safe for me?

Somewhere along the way
I lost you
Somewhere along the way
I found something new

Can you feel this?
The ocean crashing over you
Can you feel this?
Someone's watching over you
Or have you forgotten me?

No comments:

Post a Comment